Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Christmas 2011, Part 2

**Happy Birthday, Curly!**

After yesterday's post, Husband discovered he had a picture of Poppy and Honor on his phone! Thank goodness for camera phones!

Poppy & Honor

Our second stop on our epic Christmas adventure was my Aunt and Uncle’s house. It’s actually the house my Dad lived in when he was a kid and our family lived in until I was 12.

Our family is…large. And loud. There were quite a few of us there, and I have no idea if I got everyone in a photo or not. My aunt attempted an entire family photo – I can’t wait to see how many of us were actually there. That’s the only time everyone was in one place!

There’s no way I can narrate the entire afternoon, so I’ll just post a bunch of pictures and comment randomly. It fits with our style of family gathering.

Everyone was gathered in small groups, eating and talking.

_DSC0432

_DSC0439

Caedmon discovered the stairs. We played on these things for hours as kids. Homemade afghans are fabulous for “sledding” down wooden stairs. It’s amazing that no one ended up with more than just a bump or bruise from all the tumbling we did down these stairs!

_DSC0443

Remember Cousin Mark? Honor finally got over herself enough to hang out with him a bit. And I’m glad she did. She would’ve missed out on one of his famous shoulder rides if she hadn’t!

_DSC0446

Caedmon thought the pool table was cool. This is the same pool table my grandparents had (for forever) and it has taken many years of abuse. I must say it’s held up quite well under the circumstances.

_DSC0459

Here’s Honor and Eliza getting their first official shoulder ride from Mark.

_DSC0466

This is the backyard. Everyone spilled outside to take a family photo. But there’s no way we could all stay still or in one place very long. See that tree? That’s the one I left Curly stuck in one day when we were kids. Ah, memories._DSC0485

_DSC0497

_DSC0543

Meemom and Honor.

_DSC0574

Caedmon was less than thrilled that I was making him be still for a photo. There were too many cousins to play with to be still very long!

_DSC0569

It was great to see everyone and get to spend time with them, even if it was short. Caedmon went to see the farm equipment while we were there, but I’ll post that later.

We left the farm and headed to Mom & Dad’s….

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment