Tuesday, December 13, 2011

O Little Town

For the next few weeks, I’m going to be spending more time with the family and doing lots of fun stuff, so posts may be few and far between. But I can post from my phone now, which may or may not be a good thing!

I haven’t gotten to blog about this yet, but two weeks ago, Caedmon and I got to visit Bethlehem. Our friends invited us to go to a walk-thru Bethlehem village with them. We had been talking with Caedmon about the story of Jesus’s birth, but I was excited for him to see it “for real.”

Our group was gathered, and we were given “money” to pay our taxes in Bethlehem. Caedmon was a bit unsure of the Roman Soldiers who guarded the gate.

_DSC0018

We wove on through the town, with our guide helping us look for Baby Jesus. Finally, we found the stable where Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus were.

_DSC0023

Caedmon kept whispering to me, “Momma…I can see baby Jesus! There he is. It’s a real baby!”

_DSC0024

He was pretty quiet – and took it all in. Of course, there were lots of questions later.

(One question he asked was if Herod was in heaven, aka “kevin”. Not something I can exactly answer, but if I had to venture a guess, I’d say no.)

The Bethlehem village also had lots of activities for the kids. Caedmon got to make rope.

_DSC0028

And have his picture taken with a camel. (The guy wrangling the camel was real excited.)

_DSC0035

Pet a goat…

_DSC0040

…and have cookies and hot chocolate.

_DSC0046

I love that Caedmon got to experience a little bit of Bethlehem on a Saturday afternoon with our friends. To see it come alive in his eyes was pretty special. I love all the questions he’s asking and look forward to talking with him more about it.

If you would like some free family or personal devotionals for the Christmas season, check out these from our church.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment