Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gingerbread House

I’ve never made a gingerbread house before, but I thought Caedmon would enjoy it.

I bought a gingerbread house kit last year on clearance. Yes, I am that cheap. I figured we won’t be eating it anyway, so why not? I was afraid that it hadn’t made it through the move, but it was just fine. And we used some leftover candy to add to our décor. There’s no way red and green gumdrops were going to cut it.

_DSC0061_thumb

Caedmon was quite meticulous about the placement of the candies.

_DSC0075_thumb

Honor woke up from her nap and became our cheering section.

_DSC0079_thumb

I think it turned out well.

_DSC0093_thumb

_DSC0089_thumb

And no, we’re not doing phonics, so the back doesn’t say “ch.” It’s a “C” for Caedmon and an “H” for Honor. I didn’t even think about how odd it looked until I took the picture.

_DSC0090_thumb

We had fun decorating the house, and Caedmon keeps begging to eat it. Honestly, I don’t think it’d be worth eating even if it wasn’t last year’s model. But he keeps “mowing the grass,” aka licking his finger and dragging it across the sugar we dusted on it to make everything glittery.

We’ll see how long it lasts.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment