Friday, October 28, 2011

Honor at 6 Months

Honor turned 6 months a few weeks ago, but as she was covered in a red rash, I decided to wait a little while to take her 6 month photos.

_DSC0703

_DSC0704

_DSC0709

_DSC0713

Caedmon wanted to take our picture together.

_DSC0716

And then it was his turn to have his picture with the half-birthday girl.

_DSC0727

_DSC0733

_DSC0738

_DSC0743

I love these kids.

At Honor’s 6 month check-up, she got a great report from our new Pediatrician, Dr. D. She weighs 14 pounds, 9 ounces and is 25 1/2 inches long. That puts her in the 20th percentile for weight and 26th percentile for height.

Just for kicks and giggles, I looked up Caedmon’s 6 month stats. He was the exact same length at his 6 month check-up, but weighed exactly 2 pounds more. Wow. I’d felt like Honor was bigger than Caedmon at this age. I guess your mind plays tricks on you. Because that’s definitely not the case!

Honor also used her feet to attack the doctor, just as Caedmon did at his 6 month check-up. Dr. D didn’t have a tie, but Honor did kick her several times when she tried to roll her over on her side to listen to her breathing and check her ears. Dr. D had commented earlier that maybe Honor doesn’t roll over because she doesn’t like that particular motion. And with that little display, Dr. D believed her hypothesis to be confirmed. She also said it’s not a big deal since Honor is doing all the other things she should be doing at this age. That was good to hear since I really do enjoy her staying where I put her. I know that won’t last much longer, so I will cherish it while it lasts.

And because the zillion pictures I’ve already posted today are not enough, check out this video Husband made the other day!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment