Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Recap

First things first…**Happy Birthday, Mom!**

I haven’t done a weekend recap in a long time. It feels like we have been too busy to have weekends lately, but this was a great one.

Friday we went to the city for the first time. It was not all fun, though. We met with a new doctor about treating Caedmon’s birthmark. (Hopefully more on that later.) That didn’t take very long, and then we were on to the fun part. But we did make good use of the new double stroller (that I bought before we moved and left in the box until this past week!).

_DSC0181

Caedmon and Honor like hanging out in the stroller together. I’m glad…because I hope we end up using it a lot!

We met some friends for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. We’ve served with Greg and Dawn at two churches, and they live about an hour from us now. It was great to hang out with them (and Will) for a little while.

_DSC0183

And even with the expansive menu, I had to have my standard – Avocado Egg Rolls. Maybe my favorite restaurant menu item ever. And even though I wanted to order the Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake, I just couldn’t do it. I had the Mango Key Lime Cheesecake. It was a special thing, not even on the menu, so I felt like I needed to order it and not let that specialness go to waste.

_DSC0191

It was good, but not must-have-again status.

Husband and Caedmon shared the Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake. Husband told the waitress they would be sharing and she split the cake and put Caedmon’s on his own plate for him. He was all about it.

_DSC0186

_DSC0189

I might have to try to recreate that monstrosity. It was a chocolate and peanut butter beauty.

After we ate, we hung out at the mall for a while, and the boys played at the Disney store. Caedmon and Will liked it too.

We made it home for some late afternoon rest time and hung out at home the rest of the night.

Saturday, we went to our Pastor’s house to have lunch and swim with another family on our staff. Caedmon had his first experience with a diving board…and loved it. I think Husband got tired of treading water while Caedmon jumped again and again.

_DSC0203

_DSC0204

_DSC0205

The boy loves the water…now we just need to get him to swim for real.

We all had afternoon naps and Caedmon’s special request for dinner – corn dogs. And because we like to be nutritionally balanced, some homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream for dessert.

Sunday was a great day at church, and after some lunch, naps were had by everyone except me. Somehow I manage to get left out quite frequently.

The guys played in the sprinkler, I did a little baking, and we watched some TV. (The NFL channel has been on since the kick-off of pre-season on Thursday. It is officially Husband’s favorite season – football season. And with all the talk about Texas A&M trying to join the SEC, well, you can imagine how much football we’ve all absorbed by osmosis.)

It was a nice weekend, and it was great to have fun with friends, both new and old. Now it’s time to get on with Monday and get it conquered. Here we go!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment