Thursday, August 04, 2011

Thoughts of Randomness

1. I think I have all our pictures hung now. At least, all the ones we will be using. Oh, except for the ones in the office. And there are a lot of those. So…nevermind.

2. We got a new bed for our room, and the frame is lower than our old bed. Which means that my storage is all messed up. And? we are missing a bracket for one corner of the bed and the side is propped on books until we can get a new one. Sound ghetto? It looks that way, too. But I’m glad to have my bed, so I’m not complaining. Ok, maybe I’m complaining a little.

3. A friend on Twitter introduced me to the website www.youarenotaphotographer.com. It is hilarious.

4. Caedmon has asked to use chopsticks to have dinner. So I have planned an appropriate meal and purchased some chopsticks. Now, maybe I should learn to use chopsticks so I can teach Caedmon to use them? Nah. We’ll figure it out. If nothing else, we’ll stab our potstickers with them or have miniature swords at the dinner table. Whatever the case, I’m sure it will be fun.

5. We were so spoiled by having a doggie door. Oz is a low maintenance dog, but I thoroughly underestimated how many times a day he goes in and out. Bless him, he’s patient. I don’t know how many times I’ve found him laying on the rug by the back door waiting for someone to let him out. Caedmon thinks it’s fun to let him in/out, but the problem is that he must open the door all the way in order to do so. No halfway door-opening for him. Which means bugs get in the house. And then he freaks over the bugs. It’s a vicious cycle. But there’s something inherent in a child about standing with the door open. Now I know why “Shut the front door!” is the new expression of choice. You’re saying it anyway, so it might as well join pop culture.

6. We went to the library the other day. I thought Caedmon would be all over the books, but his favorite thing to do was a) look out the window at the fountain, and b) play on the giant stuffed Clifford. We rolled with it, but I managed to get him to choose one book to check out. I’m so glad he understands the value of literature.

7. Caedmon has been saying for months that he wants a “football cake” for his birthday. Months. Like, since Christmas. He’s been very adamant about it. Until yesterday, when Husband asked if maybe he wanted a Captain America cake. Such a difficult thing for a boy to decide. He has a few days to make up his mind, but if I’m going to have to make a Captain America cake, I might need some time to figure out what I’m doing.

8. The thought just occurred to me that I’d also better get busy on Caedmon’s birthday shirt. And in order to do that, I kinda need to know what to put on it (besides the number 4). Maybe he’d better decide what he wants sooner rather than later. It’s blowing my mind that he’s about to be 4!

9. Eastern time is kicking my tail. I have yet to go to bed before 11pm – not because I just want to stay up, but because that’s 10 to my body. I mean, if a girl can’t fall asleep during the commercial break right before the weather while watching the local news, the world is just not right. But when 7am rolls around and Caedmon is happily bouncing into our room, my body thinks it’s 6am. And it doesn’t like it. At all. I’ve tried to be a morning person (admittedly, not very hard), and it just doesn’t work for me. 

10. Last, but certainly not least, I have probably thought, “Sonic Happy Hour!” about a gazillion times in the past month, then remembered, “Oh yeah. We don’t have a Sonic here” and been very sad. So to all my friends who enjoy multiple Sonic locations, be grateful. The closest one is about 30 minutes from our house, and there will be a day that will necessitate such a drive for a Vanilla Coke. And tots. So far, Chick-fil-A has been my saving grace. Thank goodness for the Christian Chicken.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. They sell beginner chopsticks at Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us for the kiddos. They are so funny!

    ReplyDelete