Monday, May 30, 2011

Thoughts of Randomness

1. Today is Memorial Day. I am thankful for the men and women who have given their lives in service to our country. And I’m thankful for those who have served…like Husband…and/or are serving today…like my brother. There’s something special about the men and women who would put themselves in harm’s way for the sake of others, and I appreciate them.

2. Today is Memorial Day. The unofficial start of summer. I am thankful for that, too.

3. Today is Memorial Day. The day when tons of people hit the lakes, campgrounds, and vacation spots. I’ll be hitting the laundry room and maybe the back yard. But I kinda like it that way.

4. I am able to hit the laundry room today because my Dad, aka miracle worker, fixed our washing machine yesterday. We will still end up having to replace it eventually, but if he hadn’t fixed it yesterday, I’d be replacing it today. I’d rather keep that $600+ a little longer, thankyouverymuch.

5. It’s official. Newman has been replaced. By a lady who drives a Jeep with a steering wheel on the “wrong side” of the vehicle. (Something Caedmon noticed immediately the other day when we were outside when she was delivering the mail.) Also? She waved. And smiled. And we continue to get our mail each and every day. I think I’m gonna like this new mail lady.

6. Honor is 7 weeks old today. And her dainty, soft little cries have suddenly turned into real, big-baby cries. Not that she cries much, because she doesn’t. She’s a content baby. But when she needs to be burped, she’ll be sure to let you know. Because she doesn’t like to burp after she eats, but prefers to wait until you lay her down for a nap. Also? When she does burp, she burps like a frat boy. That’s my girl.

7. The other day when I bought some Baby Legs for Honor, I also bought a rash guard shirt. I know. One thing to keep her warm, another to wear at the pool. We are full of contradictions. She’ll be wearing that thing a lot this summer since she can’t wear sunscreen yet. And ya’ll know my boy is part fish, so we’ll be outside quite a bit. I can’t wait to put it on her. I just need something to cover her bottom half. Why do they think little babies don’t need something to cover their bottom half at the pool? I could invent something and make millions. But I won’t. Ya’ll mark it down though…when you see a product on the shelves one of these days, it was my idea.

8. I’m shopping for cloth diapers again. Not for my kid’s rear, but for him to sleep with. Caedmon’s nite-nites are just plain cloth diapers. Or so I thought. Until I bought a new package a while back and discovered the cloth was nothing like the first package I’d bought. He definitely knows the difference. Why would I think I could slip that one past him? Anyway, we are running extremely low on “cold” nite-nites, and I’m on the search for more that are exactly like that. We’ll see how successful my venture is. I may be ordering and returning a lot of cloth diapers in the near future. At least they come in a package of 12, so if I find the right one, there’s 11 more just like it.

9. Honor’s been doing great at night, going anywhere from 6 – 8 hours between feedings. Can I get an amen? The only thing is that she sort of wakes up somewhere in the middle with a gassy tummy. She fusses for a while, then goes back to sleep. But I have to get up. So even though she’s going that long between feedings, it’s not that much uninterrupted sleep for either of us. And the other night when Honor was fussing at 3am and I got up to check on her, Caedmon was already up…wide-eyed awake. It took me longer to get him to go back to bed than it did Honor. I don’t know what the deal is lately, but he’s not sleeping well and it doesn’t help when he’s up in the middle of the night too. Hopefully it’s just a phase…hopefully.

10. I have tried to catch up on my sleep this past weekend a bit, and I think it may have backfired. I slept in on Saturday and took a nap. I went to bed early on Saturday night (then got up to feed Honor), and took another nap on Sunday. A 2 hour nap. Which meant Honor took a 3+ hour nap, which meant she ate an hour late Sunday afternoon. Oops. She wasn’t complaining…and neither was I. Except that after each nap, I woke up more tired than I was before. Surely I’m about to fix that, though. I might even take another nap today. Maybe. That’s what holidays are for, right?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment