Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Deep Thoughts From Caedmon

Running late, trying to get in the car and get going. Caedmon is stopping to ask questions about every mundane thing he sees on the way to the car. I place a moratorium on questions until we’re in the car and buckled. His response: “But Momma, I talk in MANY questions.”

Caedmon, playing in his room: "Am I having roomtime?” (Roomtime is where he must stay in his room & play.) Me: “No, we’re getting ready to leave in a minute.” Caedmon: “I’m pretending I’m having roomtime.” Me: “Great. Can we do that again later?” Caedmon: “Nah.”

Caedmon: “Momma, where is Kevin?” Me: “Kevin? Who’s Kevin?” Caedmon: “No…Kevin…where Jesus lives.” Me: “Oh, you mean Heaven?” (he nods) “Well, it’s far far away from here, and I don’t know exactly where it is.” Caedmon: “Is it by Afghanistan?” Me: “No Babe, I’m pretty sure it’s far far away from Afghanistan, too.”

After he’s been put to bed, Caedmon yells, “Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!” and Husband goes to check on him. Husband: “What do you need, Caedmon?” Caedmon: “You’re not Mommy.” Apparently, he only needs things from me, not his Daddy.

Jumping on his bed (which he’s totally not supposed to do), Caedmon bounces wrong and scrapes his foot on the rail of his bed. Crying and wailing ensues. After I check him over, I remind him that maybe it’s not a good idea to disobey and jump on his bed. “Next time you want to jump on your bed, you need to remember how you hurt your foot.” Caedmon: “Yes, next time I be more careful.”

After getting his leg swatted (once!), Caedmon says: “You almost made a hole in my pants.” Yeah…I don’t think so.

Coming home from church, Caedmon recited his memory verse: “Be kind to another other.” New Caedmon Translation, apparently. It works, I suppose. Especially if you’re a fan of LOST.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! It's amazing the things they come up with - you are going to be glad you are writing these down!

    ReplyDelete