Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Snowpocalypse: The Revenge

As much as we were in amazement of last week’s snow storm, we were all caught a bit off guard by today’s! We were expecting 4-8” of snow and at last measurement about 8am there was 16” in our backyard. I haven’t waded back out to measure.

The last time we had anywhere close to this much snow was in February of 1993. I remember it clearly. I was 14 and very sick with at Staph infection and could do nothing but look out the window. Actually, I was so sick, I didn’t care we had 13” of snow. I must admit that I don’t really care much about it this time either. It’s sad, really. Caedmon is experiencing a record-breaking snowfall and might be too young to remember it. Maybe the pictures will help.

This is what we woke up to this morning.

_DSC0360

Husband went out to shovel a path so Oz could go potty.

_DSC0371

Of course, Caedmon had to go out too.

_DSC0373

_DSC0382

We shoved Oz out the door and he bounded back over the snow and immediately came back in the doggie door. He was having none of it. I guess we’re going to see just how long he can hold it today.

It wasn’t long before Caedmon was bouncing off the walls. I don’t know what it is about a snow day, but most mornings he can calmly hang out around the house. On a snow day it’s like he’s been hopped up on crazy juice. Thankfully, Husband took him out in the snow to try to burn off some energy.

The snow was too deep for Caedmon to walk, so Husband pulled him on the sled.

_DSC0397

After Husband cleared some snow away from the garage door, I went out to take some pictures.

Everyone’s been worried about trash pickup…looks like ours won’t be getting picked up anytime soon.

_DSC0409

_DSC0412

A sort of reclining version of a snow angel.

_DSC0420

_DSC0423

_DSC0438

He gave up walking and tried to crawl.

_DSC0452

_DSC0465

And then ended up trying to swim.

_DSC0506

But enough was enough, and they came inside, covered in snow.

_DSC0511

And this is what was left behind.

_DSC0515

It took me longer to clean up that mess than they spent outside. I’ve declared them done outside for the day. It’ll probably take that long to get everything dry again anyway.

By the time they came inside, this is what our back patio looked like.

_DSC0517

_DSC0518

It’s almost 12:30pm and it’s still snowing. I have no idea how much more we’ll end up with. But I think it’s safe to say that we will not be going anywhere for a few days!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. WOW! It's beautiful, but I'm sure the work to clean it up and after it melts will not be so pretty. I hope you find something fun for everyone to do at home. You know you could always vacation in Florida!
    It's sunny and 70*. :-)
    (I'm pretty sure that didn't help you, but I needed to tell you that. I would trade with you today just so I could play in that much snow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much snow you all are getting! Living in CA we NEVER get this; maybe a little frost if we're lucky. Hopefully it slows down so you aren't stuck inside for the entire week and then some!

    www.chasersofkaysers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insane! Looks like you guys are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete