Monday, September 13, 2010

Random Weekend

In case you were wondering, the snot is still hanging around. I’m better, but I still feel as though there are tiny men with jackhammers inside my face. If they’re going to be there, at least they could make themselves useful.

We had a nice weekend despite the epic sinuses. Friday, we had lunch with some friends. We ate at Chick fil A and I saw a side of Caedmon I don’t think I’ve ever seen before. The bossy side.

Caedmon is definitely my child.

Caedmon’s poor friend, J, was being told when to climb up and when to slide down, and poor little sister AK was told when she was and wasn’t allowed to play (though she held her own and wasn’t phased a bit by Caedmon trying to boss her around). I’ve never seen Caedmon like that – usually he floats somewhere in the middle of the pack. But I guess J wasn’t taking the lead, so Caedmon felt the need. Overall, they had a great time playing together, and Husband and I had a great visit with our friends.

Husband traded his recently-purchased elliptical for a different one. He’s been trying to get me to buy an elliptical for a long time and I’ve always said no, mainly because I believe they are more of a torture device rather than exercise equipment.

Anyway, when Husband sold his bicycle a while back, he decided to use some of the money to buy an elliptical. We have a great sports place here that sells new & used equipment, so he chose one from there and brought it home. He loved it. I…did not. It was totally not right for me. I don’t know if it was the size or stride or what. But for him it was fine, except that it was squeaky. As in, when he was using it, it squeaked. Terribly. He would use it early in the morning, across the house, with the door closed, and it would wake me up. Squeaky.

So Husband decided he’d trade it for a different elliptical. And I must say that I don’t hate the new one. It’s much quieter, but it’s also not as awkward, somehow. That, however, doesn’t mean I’ll actually use it.

Saturday, I went to the cosmetology school and had my friend cut my hair. She did a great job and I feel about 5 pounds lighter. It’s amazing how heavy hair can be, even when it’s not long.

I also cleaned the bathrooms and did some laundry. We lead such exciting lives.

Brandon and Jill came over to watch the Razorback game with us, and brought pizza. Caedmon was in heaven with two of his favorite people here and his own personal pan pizza from Brandon. We had fun watching the game together, although Caedmon was a wild man for a while.

Have I mentioned before that moving Caedmon’s bedtime from 7:30 to 8:00 seems like the boy stays up all night? Somehow, that extra 30 minutes seems like an eternity. Especially when he’s w.i.r.e.d. for no apparent reason. Which seems to be quite frequently between 5 and 8pm.

I’d love to see some of that wasteful government spending go to good use and somebody do a study on why kids act like crazy idiots at that time of day.

Sunday was church and naps and more crazy evening before bedtime. Also? Husband introduced Caedmon (and me) to Sour Skittles and my life may never be the same.

Speaking of life-changing food, my friend Jenna introduced me to the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate at Starbucks last week. I don’t think I’ve ever loved a hot beverage so much in my life. I may cry when they take it off the menu, as it is seasonal. I’ve never been one to wait for a seasonal item to reappear (remember BooMama’s convo last year about the Pumpkin Spice Latte?), but this is one I will be looking forward to when it’s 100 degrees outside. If only my waistline and wallet weren’t so assaulted by my newfound love. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that there is no nutritional information listed on the website for this beverage. I would probably die reading it. But don’t think it would stop me from ordering it.

Today must be filled with lots of laundry and cleaning, as I didn’t do much of anything last week. We may venture outside in the nice weather for a bike ride. But if I start sneezing again, it’s over.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment