Monday, July 05, 2010

In Which I talk A Lot About Underwear (Not Mine)

We didn’t end up back at the rodeo. Wednesday afternoon was enough for us. And we somehow managed to fill our weekend even though we didn’t do a whole lot of anything. It was actually pretty nice.

But. There was one thing I did do. I bought and installed this.

DSC01937

Big deal, right? Remember how we’ve lived in this house for 6 years now and I keep forgetting to get a new towel rack for Husband’s sink? I know. I finally got it done! Now Husband can keep his soaking wet hands off of my towel and use his own.

On the potty training front, we had a good weekend as well. We had a few instances in which Caedmon started to pee in his undies and caught himself. I guess it’s a whole process and he’s getting it figured out. Dang these processes and the time they take to go through.

Also, I found myself with a need to write Caedmon’s name on his underwear before taking an extra pair to church. Yes, I’ve been writing his name on diapers for almost three years, but the idea of writing his name on underwear is just kind of strange. That means that approximately next week, he’ll be leaving for college and I’ll be reminding him to make sure his undies are clean in case he gets in an accident. Because that’s the first thing they check in the ER…the cleanliness of your underwear so they can judge how good a mother you have.

And, just in case we haven’t talked enough about underwear lately, here’s a shot of Caedmon trying to use the waistband as a holster for his grabber. It seems to work pretty well for his pistols, so why not this, too?

DSC01931

I guess that’s enough about underwear for today. I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. We celebrated with our church family at our Summer Freedom Celebration yesterday morning, and again at our annual Fireworks At The Crosses. Caedmon probably stayed up later last night than he ever has in his entire life. And the rest of us might just pay for it today. Hopefully I got some decent pictures. I haven’t even looked at them yet, but my flash isn’t so hot, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they were all blurry and crappy. (It’s about time for a big girl camera, I think. Anybody want to donate to that cause?)

Anyway, we are still celebrating. Husband’s parents are here for a few days, so I may not be posting much this week so we can spend more time with Nana and Poppy. See ya’ll soon!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment