Monday, July 19, 2010

I Found Something

I am thankful for all your advice via text, email, Twitter, and comments regarding my fashion dilemma. It seems that some of you have my same problem. I’m glad. Not that you have the same problem, but that I’m not alone. Your issues don’t seem like such issues when other people have them too.

Long story short (Who am I kidding? Of course this won’t be short.), I was impatient. It’s going to be another week before we will be eating at a restaurant sans child, but I wanted to find something now. I really don’t know why, besides the fact that my to-do list for the coming week is filling up much faster than I’d like.

It wasn’t easy, either. I’m picky. Who would’ve guessed? I’m not so hot on the sleeveless/halter/lots-o-skin-showing clothes. Not because I’m a skinaphobe. Because I’m not phobic. I just don’t like to be frigid. If I was going to be spending my entire time wearing the outfit in the out-of-doors, something sleeveless might be fine. But since most of my eating experiences are in-of-doors kind of times, I don’t think I could swing it. I needed something that either covered my shoulders or would allow me to wear something over it to cover my shoulders and not look stupid.

Whew. Confused yet? Me too.

I was short on time, so I went to the mall, where they were having sort of a sidewalk sale. I checked out several places but didn’t find anything I was in love with. I was sad to walk away from the sale without a huge savings of some sort, but I suppose it was a savings since I didn’t spend any money. And as much as I would’ve liked to have gone up to Francesca’s, I knew there was no way I would have the time.

I was able to swing by Old Navy and found a couple of cute dresses to try on. I had looked online and didn’t remember seeing these particular dresses. I just figured I’d missed them and would find whichever one I decided on to show it to you guys. But then I bought one, brought it home, and have been completely unable to find it on the website. I also checked the maternity area to see if maybe by chance I was a complete idiot and bought a maternity dress. Nope.

(I might still be an idiot, but it’s not a maternity dress.)

I even got the item number off the tag and searched for it. Still couldn’t find it. So I don’t know if I bought a ghost dress that doesn’t actually exist or something from three years ago they were trying to pawn off on some unsuspecting victim. But I like it.

Since I couldn’t find a picture online, I did the next best thing. I hung it on my bedroom door and took a photo. I knew you would want to see it. Because you’re caring like that.

DSC02145

Here’s a closer shot of the design on the bottom.

DSC02148

I know. It’s more skin-y than I really wanted. But I have a tank top I can wear under it if I need to and this shrug in white that I can wear over it to keep my shoulders from getting frostbite. And, I’m going out without a kid pulling on me, so my likelihood of a wardrobe malfunction decreases exponentially. Also, I’ve noticed that this dark, hazy blue color seems to be “in” for the fall. Not that I have to be “in”, but you know.

Now, to see if I can find some jewelry to go with it….

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! And if it's truly a "ghost" dress at least you won't be seeing other women in the same outfit while you are out on your hot date with your man! You guys have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Glad you were able to find something. I love having a special night to get all dressed and ready for...without worrying about whether or not a child (okay with my children it is more like worrying about when...not if...when) is going to get it dirty! Hope you guys have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:44 PM

    Yeah - when are we going out? I am ready now

    Husband

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cute. Perfect for your date without a child! Enjoy, can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I'm so proud of you!

    I have a little green cropped cardigan from Old Navy that looks like the exact same green in your dress if you decide you want to borrow it on your date night. :)

    Is date night on the retreat?? I'm just assuming it is but wasn't for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so I just realized it's the green cardigan in my profile picture so feel free to take a look! Ha!

    ReplyDelete