Monday, June 07, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I know. That was last weekend. But since I took the week off last week, I figured you still needed to know what we did. Because we live such glamorous lives.

Our Memorial Day Weekend was pretty quiet. We hung out at home, just having some downtime and preparing for our giant family vacation. (More on that tomorrow.) I also grilled steaks for the first time in about 2 years. They were pretty good. And I made some Strawberry Shortcake (that was referred to as "shartcake" by my husband on Twitter. Some appreciated the joke.). It was also good. At least I think it was…I had the leftovers for breakfast the next morning.

Memorial Day though, was a pivotal day in Caedmon’s education. He got his first slip n’ slide, and his Daddy taught him how to use it. Well, he attempted to teach Caedmon how to use it. The whole “sliding” part is a little beyond Caedmon at this point. But they had fun anyway.

Instruction.

DSC01300

Goggles? Check. (He adores those goggles, by the way. Weird.)

DSC01315

Running? Check.

DSC01304

Running some more? Check.

DSC01307

Sliding? Not so much.

DSC01310

Flopping? Oh yes.

DSC01311

By the time the teaching session was over, we had one belly rash, some swollen eyes (allergies), a couple of bruises, and one muddy yard. And a boy who thought the “swippy swide” was the coolest thing ever.

Caedmon will have plenty of time this summer to learn how to properly slip n’ slide. I just hope the yard can handle it.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment