Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thoughts Of Randomness

I know ya’ll have been dying to know what random thoughts are popping into my head these days. I will no longer keep you in suspense.

1. My allergies are killing me. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would say that allergies are some evil plot to take over the world via pollen. Because when you feel as cruddy as I do, resistance is futile. As evidenced by what I let Caedmon eat for dinner the other night.

2. I was discussing fashion with Jill the other night (the same night as the mom-of-the-year dinner) and we wondered if there were any good shorts to be had out there. Thankfully, Big Mama has answered that question. And here they are. I don’t know that I can bring myself to pay $40 for them, but knowing they are out there gives me peace.

3. I believe that, by far, this is the most awkward fashion season. You’re dying for spring and summer to be here, but it’s too cold to go all-out with your warm weather clothes. I feel like I have to dress myself three different times in one day so I don’t freeze or burn up at any given time.

4. I do love spring though, even with the schizophrenic wardrobe issues. One reason is because I love a good thunderstorm. I know, I’m weird. And? I must watch Twister around this time every year. At least once.

5. Until recently, I was unaware of Gap brand’s new Athleta stores. And I am in love. But my wallet is afraid. Very afraid. I think I’m going to have to break down and get something like this swimsuit cover-up. Love it. And since I will be spending countless hours in the water with the boy this summer, it will be well worth it.

6. Speaking of summer, Caedmon is convinced it’s just right around the corner. And he doesn’t even know what it is. Someone mentioned playing in the water the other day, to which I made sure to respond that yes, in the summer we will get to play in the water. He has since begun qualifying everything with “in the summer.” “Momma? I go outside in the summer.” “I want to play with my cars in the summer.” And because he has a memory like a tiny little elephant, “I play in the water in the summer.”

7. I have been toying with the idea of growing some vegetables this year. Nothing big, just a few pots on the back deck. Then I come to my senses and realize it will take work and time. And besides that, Oz is likely to eat the mulch and Caedmon is likely to dump sand/water/whatever else he can find on the plants. It seems to be a trend at our house.

8. I wonder why the pretty flowers I planted for the winter haven’t survived? Oh, that’s right. See #7.

9. Caedmon has become an expert on favorites lately. He notified me just last week that a certain bone was Oz’s “pabrite.” And apparently chocolate chip cookies are his “pabrite,” unless we’re having mint chocolate cookies, then those are his “pabrite.”

10. I have not yet watched Tuesday night’s LOST, and it is about to cause me to go into convulsions. I just can’t take not knowing what happened when the rest of the world already knows! But I am loving that by the time I get to watch it (maybe later today), I have less time to wait until the next episode than the rest of the world.

Take that.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I found you!! This is Sara from MOPS. I enjoyed your random thoughts. I am beyond ready for summer and spring. The other day I was a little overzealous and put Reid in shorts and t-shirt and Lilly in capris and a 3/4 sleeve shirt. I almost froze them!! Thank goodness for the stockpile of blankets in the car! Anyway, I am going to follow you and then when I have some spare time I will add you to my blogroll so I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete