Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Give Me A Moment…I’m A Little Verklempt

I was being all sappy the other day, thinking about how much Caedmon has grown and changed in the last year. He’s almost two AND A HALF now, and it’s hard to imagine how we got here already.

Last year: he loved the house I made for him out of a box. He crawled in, closed the door, crawled out, closed the door, repeat. He also peeked through the window, and generally had fun playing quietly in his house.DSC09466 DSC09502 DSC09513The box went away during the warmer months, and has come back out to play now that it’s too cold to be outside very much. It was like seeing an old friend again. But…

This year: he drags thousands of toys into his house, and sometimes declares it to be his “opice” (office), telling me he’s going to work as he throws his bag over his shoulder and crawls in to play with his keyboard and mouse.

He has also discovered that the box doesn’t have to be upright to play with it, and has spent hours flipping it this way and that, climbing in, out, and on top of said box.DSC08368He also likes to get in the box, close the door, and have you throw pillows at it. The only explanation I can come up with that new game is this: he’s a boy. They like to do weird things.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh yes! Boys do weird things. I never had a brother and Charles is just so foreign to me. The older he gets the worse it is. Glad I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete