Monday, July 13, 2009

The Week In Review

Last week was a busy one. I have some pictures to document it.

Sunday, M3 came to visit for a few days.

Monday, the big boys played Disc Golf and C and I tagged along.DSC03861DSC03863DSC03866There was an unfortunate incident involving Husband’s disc and a thorny tree. It was captured on video and might make its way to YouTube sometime in the near future.

Tuesday, we took M3 out to Mom & Dad’s, where Squirt took us riding. DSC03893DSC03901C enjoyed the tricycle he and Dad found in the barn.  DSC03884 DSC03903And C enjoyed himself in the pool.DSC03914Wednesday, M3 headed home and C and I made an Oreo Ice Cream Cake for Bible Study, then took a quick trip to Target, where I paid $10 for $20 worth of items, thanks to Heather

Thursday was Preschool Playday at Fun City, and I forgot to take my camera. C thoroughly enjoyed himself, even without spending a zillion dollars in tokens. His favorite thing? The ball pit, of course. Those things give me the heebie-jeebies, but since it had just been cleaned and repaired I decided to let him play. That didn’t stop me from saturating him in hand sanitizer when we were done, though.

I was greeted by a special present when I went to get C up from his nap. Oh yes, lest Angela think she’s alone in her multiple poo issues, we had some of our own. Luckily, I caught him right after he’d taken his diaper off and there was little damage done. DSC03926 And it was my fault, really, because I put him to bed without shorts on. Never again!

And for good measure, we spent some time in the pool. After I put the sheets in the wash, of course.DSC03957Friday brought Husband’s day off, and though I’d planned to have a fun, relaxing day, it didn’t quite turn out like that.

Long story short, the boy has an infection in his ear canal. Which means that his most favorite activity in the entire world has caused him to not be able to be in the pool for 7 days. Did you hear me? Seven days. Just shoot me now!

Oh, and the antibiotic drops? They were a $35 co-pay. Come on!

And the car we just spent $700 on getting fixed started acting funny again and Husband had to leave it at a gas station.

After C got up from his nap, we managed to get the car home, though it was sputtering and chugging the whole way. I am very thankful we didn’t have to pay to have it towed, though. And hopefully we can get it fixed without having to drop a lot more cash on it.

The day was redeemed though, when Husband and I hit Frozen Tung while C was at Friday Night Out. We didn’t tell him we went without him. He wouldn’t have appreciated it.

Saturday brought more disc golf and finding creative ways to keep the boy from having meltdowns because he couldn’t play in the water.

It was a good week, and a busy one. Hopefully this week will be a bit more calm. And not too expensive.

Pin It


  1. I feel much better. Thank you.

  2. I'm glad. You are definitely not alone!

    The first words out of the boy's mouth after waking up this morning were, "poo-poo" so I made my way in there quickly to make sure we didn't have another mishap. Thankfully it was a false alarm.

  3. Until the boy gets artfully creative with his "poo" - you are in the minor leagues.

  4. Oh I have memories of poo incidents... and I'm not even a mother yet!