Tuesday, March 10, 2009

An Open Letter

My Dear Friend,

I have missed you. Please forgive me for neglecting you the past several months. I could blame it on peer pressure, political correctness, or just plain shame. It's a bit unusual to have you around right now. A bit uncool. But I am glad you are back from the recesses and dark places of my life.

This is not the first time I have put you away, waiting for the acceptable time to have you with me again. You are always patiently waiting for me to come back, never judging or making me feel guilty for putting you aside for so long.

I feel the need to prepare for you, to make myself look nice for you. But you don't care. You always accept me as I am and are comfortable with me, even when I'm not quite sure it's ok.

Some days with you are easier than others. At times you are expected to be seen with me, and other days your appearance is shocking. It will take time, but everyone, including me, will be used to your presence again.

I will be ashamed no longer and afraid no more. You are here to stay. At least for a while, anyway. My friend, my flip flops.

Love,
Superchikk
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:46 PM

    So you're saying it's going to be warm this weekend. I like it.

    M3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually...not. But I don't care. The flip flops are here to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i must say, flip flops year round is enough to get me to stay here FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the very first thing I did when it hit the slightest hint of warm was put mine on and go outside! Gotta love the flip flops.

    ReplyDelete