Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thank You, Jesus, For Modern Conveniences

I have never been more thankful for modern conveniences. And the people who invented them. And the people who make them and bring them in trucks to the store. And the store where I get them. And the electricity I have to use them. And the Husband who works to pay for the electricity.

This morning started out just like any other. C woke up right around 7:00 and quietly and happily played in his bed until I went to get him about 7:15.

And when I walked in, I smelled it. It was bad. It was nasty. It was, well, hideous.

C's been having a bit of tummy upset lately. I tried blaming it on the Weekend of Sickness '08, but since the upset tummy has continued, I thought I should go ahead and blame it on the Teething Monster.

Yes, I realize that maybe, just maybe, I have falsely accused him once again of causing trouble when it is not his fault. But he's a good scapegoat and as far as I can tell, he doesn't really mind.

But what greeted me this morning was much worse than anything the Teething Monster has ever brought to our house. Maybe C has the same "thing" I had on Saturday.

Imagine this with a smiley little boy standing in the middle of it:
Oh, he was happy, for which I was very thankful. But then came the dilemma of how exactly to clean him up without making it any worse than it already was.

And I paused for just a moment, wondering if I should take pictures for the blog before or after I cleaned him up.

Yes, yes I did.

I decided after.

It's a good thing, too. Because this is what the outside of the back of his pj's looked like:
So C got an early morning bath and thought it was great fun. And when Husband inquired as to the special occasion, I just told him he didn't want to know and shouldn't go in that vicinity of the house. He knew better than to ignore that warning.

It has taken a while for everything to make its way into the washer and get everything else cleaned up. I'm still working on getting the poop essence out of the bumper pad insides.

Because one thing foam does is soak up anything that comes near it.

So my modern conveniences have saved me today. Indoor plumbing. Plastic. Bleach. Color-safe bleach. Washing machine. Dryer. Hydrogen Peroxide. Squirt bottles with germ-killing, baby-safe cleaners. I don't know what I would've done without it all.

And now I need to go take a shower and wash my own clothes. I don't really think I got any on me, but a girl can't be too careful when it comes to poo. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. i think i kinda smell it...
    oh, the blessings of motherhood.
    these are the kind of things that you can't EVER imagine yourself talking about, much less blogging about (with photos, non the less), before you have children ;)

    ReplyDelete