Monday, September 15, 2008

12 Month Check-Up and My Apologies To The Teething Monster

Well, after the Weekend of Sickness '08, we went for our well-check with Dr. B today.

Do you hear the sarcasm? I hope so, because I'm laying it on pretty thick.

So again we found out that Chickster's on the small side, 5th percentile to be exact. He's destined to be a little guy - at least for a while. As I recall, NLB was a little guy as well...until somewhere around Junior High. He's not so little anymore.

Chickster's Stats:
Height: 28 inches
Weight: 18.75 pounds (He lost a little from being sick.)

And we found out that it wasn't the Teething Monster that was causing our troubles this past weekend. So I must make my apologies to the Teething Monster for blaming him for our malaise. Instead, it was the dreaded "Hand, Foot, and Mouth" virus. Chickster has had sores in his throat all weekend.

Poor guy. I would've cried too.

But it was also comforting to know that while I kept thinking, "There's no reason to take him to the doctor. We'll just spend a lot of time waiting and $20 for them to tell us he doesn't feel good and to keep doing what we're doing."

Even though he really was sick and I didn't know it, I was pretty much right. There's not much they can do for the Hand, Foot, and Mouth virus. Except wait for it to go away. Which is what it is currently doing. Dr. B said Chickster should be back to normal in a day or so.

And we're on the way to normal. Chickster slept like a log last night for the first time in about 10 days, and is currently happily crawling around all over my dirty kitchen floor, picking up stray Kix leftover from breakfast. If I was as efficient as I think I am, I would attach a Swiffer cloth to him and let him do some good while he's down there.

Oh, and on the milk-drinking issue, Dr. B basically said not to worry about it. I'd already decided it was the milk that started our whole saga of sickness, causing Chickster to have an upset tummy in the middle of the night. So I took him off of it. (Just in time for the virus to hit.) Dr. B said that it is quite possible that milk doesn't agree with him and it was no big deal if he didn't drink it.

Can I get an "Amen"?

Because the only thing I dislike more than drinking milk is having to buy it for someone who doesn't drink it, then letting it go to waste. Especially when it's $4 a gallon. You can only do so much with nearly a half gallon of leftover milk every week before it goes bad. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. We went through the HFM virus with Belle, and it was no fun. I feel your pain and hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete