Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Quick Update

I'm kinda busy this week, so here's a quick update to let you know what's up around here.

The mailbox is still broken. And as it has been raining almost every single day this week, our mail has been less than dry. I hate wet mail. Although, I have to give Newman kudos for shoving it all the way to the back of the box in an effort to keep the ink from completely running off the paper.

I bought a bunch of clothes for Chickster off of ebay. You know I'm an ebay junkie. Well, they came and they're really cute. The only problem is that these people from Pennsylvania are apparently Georgia Bulldog fans, as there are two Georgia outfits in the lot. Chickster won't be wearing those out of the house, I can guarantee you.

Husband had a few days of vacation this past week, and we spent them doing a whole lot of nothing much. It was nice. Chickster had his first trip to the mall and Barnes & Noble. He enjoyed them both immensely.

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. Not just a trim - hopefully something different. I'm not sure what, though. I asked Julee a couple of weeks ago to be thinking about what to do with it, and I'm sure she's got something great up her sleeve. Maybe there will be photos forthcoming - maybe not. We'll see what we do and how I like it.

Saturday was my birthday, and I was showered with wonderful gifts from Husband and Chickster. Husband always does a great job picking out gifts, and he's obviously passed that down to our son, because here's what he got for his Mom. Yes, it's for him to wear, but it would be a little awkward if I bought it for him.

Chickster is now grasping at his toys and sticking things in his mouth. It's pretty fun to watch him reach out for his light-fixture-rigged mobile on the kitchen table and do his darndest to shove the thing in his mouth. We also opened up his playmat that has a ball he can kick, and he thinks that's the coolest thing ever. And he's still talking, although he gets kind of shy when we go out, so people think I'm fibbing. He really does make noise, folks.

Well, there are lots of other things rattling around in this brain of mine. A few of them are pretty smarty-pants-like, too. Maybe I'll have some time this weekend when we're snowed in (Ha!) to post them. Pin It

1 comment: