Monday, November 19, 2007

New Stats

Well, it's official. Chickster is growing. As if I couldn't already tell - he's now 2 and a half months old and is starting to move into his 3-6 month clothes and wears 6-12 month socks already (Yes, he has giant feet. I thought we'd already established that.). Today was his 2-month(ish) check-up at the doctor. I was very impressed - we were in and out in less than 30 minutes. Kudos to the Pediatric Clinic!

His new stats are thus:
22 1/2 inches long (started out at 20 inches)
10 pounds, 14 ounces (started at 7 pounds)

The doc says Chickster is perfectly proportioned for height and weight, so that's good. He did say that his head circumference is a bit small, but that is usually inherited from Mom or Dad...in this case, his Mom. I have a tiny head. Please spare me the brain size jokes. I've heard them. Chickster was such a good little boy while Dr. B was poking and prodding him. He didn't even fuss when Dr. B looked in his ears and used the tongue depressor to check his mouth and throat. I think Dr. B was a tad surprised that Chickster was so easy going about the whole thing. I was too, to tell you the truth. I wouldn't want some strange guy poking a giant stick in my mouth while laying there nearly naked (Naked, not Nekkid).


And apparently the little booger is hitting all of his "official" development markers, so they gave him a passing grade there too. He might possibly be a little ahead (no pun intended!) since he's already starting to laugh. I don't really care as long as he's healthy. Of course, I say that now, but one day I could become obsessed with all of his growth, learning, and sports developments. A "Stage Mom" if you will. If that does happen, please hold an intervention and whack me upside the head. Or just smack me one day while walking down the street - either way works.

Anyway, Chickster is officially happy and healthy - as if we couldn't figure that out on our own. But it's nice to hear someone else say it. Then again, I am paying him. Hmmmm.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope to upload some post-Thanksgiving pictures next week, but don't get too antsy - we may be busy decorating for Christmas. Husband has already started moving furniture for the ginormous tree. Anyway...I'll be back soon. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Chickster and Madison are neck-in-neck at this point! :) She was 22 1/2 inches, too and weighed 10 lbs., 12 oz. at her 2 month well check. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool! Really puts things in perspective. We'll have to compare notes after the 4 month check up too.

    ReplyDelete