Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Pool

I don't mean the kind filled with water.

With the impending arrival of Chickster and the warning from the doctor that he might not wait until his due date to make his appearance, the family has begun a pool for his birthday. Not with money, mind you, but something much more valuable and important: bragging rights.

Should it make me feel special? I'm not quite sure. There's also a pool for the mare named Honey and when she will deliver her foal. It was in effect before the Chickster pool. It was also brought to my attention that it would be "really cool" if the horse and I were to have our babies on the same day. I'm not sure how I feel about that, especially since mares tend to foal between 2 and 5 in the morning.

I think I might could get into it if there was something to be won - and if nobody guessed correctly, I were to get the prize. I'm not sure of the rules they've come up with, and how it will work if no one is right on the date. But I'll try to let you know the final outcome, whoever happens to be right. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:38 AM

    There are few rules to the pool. Everyone can guess one day. You can't share a day. And you can't change your day.

    We have discussed getting a "horse whisperer of the year" trophy to pass around... but we haven't done it. I doubt there are going to be enough babies in the next few years to justify a "baby whisperer of the year" trophy! But we're always glad to have bragging rights that no body else can steal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to keep us apprised of who has already been eliminated and let us know who wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:06 PM

    The "Horse Whisperer of the year" award goes to Honey. She has held on longer than any of us thought she would!

    I believe there are still people to pick their day for Chickster's arrival.

    ReplyDelete