Sunday, October 22, 2006

Trading Spaces

So we've been doing some Trading Spaces of our own this past week. We decided that our home office and guest room should be switched.

It's been a long time in coming - actually since before we even moved into this house. Husband and I didn't agree on which room should be which, and since he spent more time in the office than I did, I deferred to him. I understood his reasoning, although I didn't necessarily like it. But that's ok. Like I said, the office is used more by him than it is by me.

He had some good times in that office. We decided it would be our Dallas Cowboys room, so I painted it silver, along with a stripe resembling the stripe on the Dallas helmet. It was a very manly room with autographed photos, footballs, and other Dallas paraphanalea. His friends enjoyed the atmosphere when they came over to hang out. But the new office has been taken to a whole new level.

The new office sports official Dallas Silver from Glidden. Emmitt Smith has been given his rightful place on his very own wall. The other autographed photos have their own prominent location, and now there's even a TV mounted on the wall so that the game can be watched in that very room. It is now an official Dallas Cowboys office.

I spent last night painting about six coats of primer over the navy stripe in the old office, the new guest room. Thankfully, it should now be ready for its new color as well, called Sand Dune. Hopefully that project can be finished soon. I am ready to get the house put back together. But yesterday, Husband said that he'd noticed how bland the living room looked with the other rich colors we have in the house, and he really thought we should consider painting it soon. He's right, but that's a chore I'm not ready for quite yet. We need to finish getting these spaces traded before we think about the others! Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were that deep into the room changing...ya'll just got in there an "got 'er done!"

    Can't wait to see it. I love your creativity and sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:56 AM

    I am angered by the lack of updates!

    ARGH!

    -Tyrant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Tyrant. I've been pretty boring lately.

    ReplyDelete