Monday, July 18, 2005

One of Those Days...

Have you ever had one of Those Days? What am I saying? Of course you have! You know, the kind of day you wish you could've just stayed in bed and not dealt with everything going on in the universe around you? Today was such.

No particular reason, I guess. Probably a contributing factor was the fact that I took a great nap yesterday afternoon, then drank a caffienated beverage with dinner, so I couldn't go to sleep last night. I think it was midnight-ish before I transitioned from watching TV to the back of my eyelids. And from my previous post on sleep, you know that's not a good thing for me.

I also chose to wear my glasses today instead of contacts, and it always makes my eyes feel tired, even when they're not. That was out of sheer laziness this morning because I didn't want to dig the new set of disposable contacts out of the bathroom drawer. So yes, I looked nice and trendy all day, but felt like my eyes were about to fall out of my head. Sad, huh? The eyeballs get so used to being deprived of oxygen that when you finally give in and let them have it willy-nilly, they just can't handle it. Note to self: No wearing glasses on Mondays any more.

Oh yeah, it's Monday. That makes everything worse, right? You're still mourning the death of the weekend and cringing at all the tasks that lie before you between now and the upcoming weekend. Everything seems worse on a Monday, whether it be a paper cut or an actual tragedy. Just don't walk my my desk and say, "Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays" like the girl in Office Space. I think that would result in me jumping over my desk to strangle someone. Let me mourn the passing of my weekend in peace.

I'm also in the process of working up an extremely anally detailed instruction sheet for my sister, who will be dogsitting for us soon. She's quite capable and I have every confidence in her ability to care for my dogs. The thing is, with these whacko dogs, if you don't follow a certain procedure, it could result in one of them ripping the other's ear off or something. Case in point, this past weekend. Husband was the culprit who shared his beef jerky with them (a BIG no-no in our house), so when the beef jerky bag went into a small trash can, they thought they should have rights to it. Let's just say that the guys here for the LAN party got a small glimpse of what happens when two Jack Russells get possessive over what they think is food. Don't get me wrong - they're obedience trained, and better behaved than most people's kids. But they are hunting dogs and aggressive by nature, so when it comes to things like food and toys, you'd better stay on top of things and not let their attitude get bent out of shape. The challenge for me lies in communicating all of this on paper in neat bullet points.

I think my true enemy today was a thing I'll call the Random Task (no, not like in Austin Powers). Life was full of those today, and it doesn't help someone who likes to have neat lists to check off when Random Tasks keep popping up and need to be done immediately. RT's kept getting in the way of my list today and I feel like I didn't get much accomplished. Of course, I'm continuing in that vein because I am currently sitting at the keyboard instead of ridding my home of dust bunnies, as I should be doing.

But, tomorrow is another day, and we'll keep hoping that it won't be one of Those. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Random tasks...that is an excellent terminology to describe the MANY details that OTHER people want done, but didn't make a plan for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY had one of Those Days, yesterday......and its continuing TODAY. :P

    The curse of the Random Task seems to be a daily lot in my life. So far I have gotten very little of my checklist checkity checked off this week b/c of those nasty RT's......bad RT's!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete