Thursday, September 05, 2013

Caedmon Turns 6!

Caedmon was quite specific about his birthday. I have no idea where he gets it.

Last year, Caedmon had a full-on friend party. This year for his “friend party,” Husband took Caedmon, two friends, and their dads to see Planes, followed by ice cream. It was so much easier than the big party, and they had a blast. But we couldn’t skip celebrating on the day.

Caedmon wanted a Monsters, Inc. cake. So, that was our theme. After he went to bed on the eve of his birthday, I finished his cake and Husband and I decorated.

_DSC0350

(I could not get those 6’s to stay straight!)

Caedmon was greeted by this when he woke up.

_DSC0355

And was surprised to see this in the kitchen.

_DSC0351

I also picked up Monsters, Inc. balloons, but managed not to get any pictures of them, somehow.

M3 joined us to celebrate, and we started with gifts.

_DSC0366

_DSC0367

_DSC0373

_DSC0384

_DSC0389

(Yes, College Game Day was on during the gift opening.)

I think it’s safe to say that Caedmon loved his gifts from everyone!

Then, it was time for cake and ice cream.

_DSC0398

Y’all know I agonized over this cake. At first, Caedmon insisted that he wanted a Mike Wazowski cake…not just with Mike on it…one that was shaped like (and looked like) Mike. There’s no way I could’ve done that. So I convinced him that a round cake with green frosting and characters on top would be sufficient.

_DSC0397

I hadn’t let Caedmon see his cake while I was making it, so he was surprised to see the finished product. And he loved it.

_DSC0410

_DSC0414

But he was even more surprised to see the inside.

_DSC0417

_DSC0424

Then, Uncle M3 brought out his gift. Laser tag guns! Of course they had to be tested immediately.

_DSC0434

And Honor needed in on the action.

_DSC0441

We went to Chick-fil-A for lunch and spent the afternoon watching football and playing with army men. It was a good day.

We had so much fun celebrating our big six year-old!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love all C's expressions!! :)

    And great cake!

    ReplyDelete