Thursday, August 08, 2013

Garden Update: It Lives

The garden…it lives. And it’s producing!

IMG_3172

Look what Caedmon found! Our first zucchini.

IMG_3173

We have little cucumbers everywhere. Some of them are…weird.

IMG_3168

By far, the kids’ favorite is our little strawberry patch. It’s still producing! Only one or two at a time, but they don’t care.

IMG_3230

Is this not the cutest little watermelon ever? We have four just like this. I hope one of them makes it to the kitchen table!

IMG_3228

We’re finally getting some bell peppers.

IMG_3232

And remember that tomato plant I thought I killed? It’s come back and has tomatoes on it.

IMG_3234

Homemade pizza…with garden tomato and basil!

IMG_3199

The basil is producing!

IMG_3208

I’m in the process of drying it. We’ll see how that goes. The oregano I’ve dried has turned out well, so hopefully this will, too.

IMG_3209

We’ve had a week of cool(er) weather, not a lot of sun, and a lot of rain and humidity. The plants aren’t liking it very much. My hair doesn’t either. We’ll all just have to get over it, I suppose.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE growing basil!! Fresh is always better, don't you think?? :)

    Nice garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love fresh basil. I just need to figure out how to make pesto now!

      Delete