Thursday, January 10, 2013

House Update #7: So Many Things!

A lot has happened since my last update! The house is rolling and we have a closing date set. To say I’m nearly giddy would be an understatement.

We have sheetrock:

_DSC0060

Kitchen cabinets (Eeeep!):

Kitchen3

This is just one side of the kitchen and is about the same amount of counter space we have right now:

Kitchen2

Kitchen countertops:

_DSC0067

Driveway, sidewalk, and mailbox:

_DSC0343

Trim is done and paint has started:

_DSC0345

Things seem to crawl along at this stage. Stuff is getting done, but it takes time and doesn’t always look dramatic.

To say we’re excited would be putting it mildly. I can’t wait to get settled and more importantly, get the kids settled.

The sharing a room thing has been a nightmare for them (and us), and I’m ready to sleep again. I think they are too, though they’re never going to admit it. And if they don’t sleep after we move, I’m giving up on ever sleeping again.

Counting the days to closing, and making a list of things to do. It’s getting closer, and things are going to get busy!

Pin It

2 comments: