1. Allergies. They are back. I am not a fan.
2. I’ve probably said this before, but I’ll take a chance and say it again anyway. Whoever came up with this whole time change thing? I’m sure it was for a good reason. Or at least someone thought it was a good reason. But I really don’t like it. And since my body is used to it having taken place by now, I’m struggling. Maybe it’s because we just changed time zones. And maybe it’s because we’re on the edge of the time zone, close to the next time zone. I don’t know. I just know that by 7pm, I’m ready to crawl into bed. Of course, I can’t go to sleep then, but it’s dark already!
3. Husband and I had a long conversation the other night about time change. It took us all night to figure out that we were saying completely different things but meant the exact same thing. Clearly the getting-dark-early has already gotten to us.
4. I drove my family and myself right on past Sonic the other night to get ice cream at Dairy Queen. It’s like I don’t even know who I am anymore. And honestly, it’s kind of disturbing.
5. Last week, the outlet in our bathroom quit working. I figured the GFI was tripped, so I reset it. Only, it wouldn’t reset. So I called maintenance. They quickly sent a guy down. It took all day Monday and all day Tuesday – and lots of in and out and turning the power off and on - to figure out the problem and fix it. Last night, we came home to find that two outlets in our bedroom had quit working. I really hope it doesn’t take two days to figure it out this time.
Also, I hope we make it out of here without an electrical fire of some sort. Clearly, this place has some issues.
6. I feel a Gooey Chocolate Skillet Cake brewing inside and Husband isn’t eating sweets right now. I don’t need to eat the whole thing myself. Who wants to come help me eat it? You can bring the ice cream.
7. Speaking of chocolate (like that segue?), my favorite fall/winter snack is back: Honeycrisp apples and Nutella. I was kind of obsessed when I was pregnant with Honor and it’s become a fall/winter mainstay. If only Honeycrisp apples didn’t cost an arm and a leg, I could share them with my kids. They’re “Momma’s apples”. Yeah, I know. I’m awful. Hey, they don’t know what they’re missing. They’re fine.
8. Oz was puking at 3:30 this morning. He’s fine. Just one of those random things he does occasionally. But it still wasn’t fun. Especially since I had no lamps in my room and had to use my phone as a flash light to clean it up.
9. This list only has 9 things, and this is one of them. The reason? See #8.