Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Heavy Heart

We are now officially here. I unpacked the last box today. We are settling in and trying to figure out how to manage both kids (the sleeper and the non-sleeper) sharing a room, and you know, sleep.

All of that seems so trivial, though. I had planned on blogging Monday, but just couldn’t bring myself to do it. Writing about packing paper, boxes, and keeping Honor from climbing the stairs at lightning speed seemed…vain, almost, compared to what my friend Julee is dealing with this week.

Saturday night, Julee’s husband Matt was killed in a car accident. Julee lost the love of her life and 10 month-old Preslee lost her Daddy.

My heart has been so heavy for Julee, Preslee, and their families. Today, as I read Julee’s blog post, I stood in the kitchen, tears streaming down my face. I can’t imagine.

Julee’s Twitter/blog friends, complete strangers, and people who personally know and love the Turner family are doing all they can to support Julee and Preslee. Jenna has compiled a list of fundraisers and ways to help.

Matt’s family and friends will say goodbye tomorrow, Wednesday. I’ve been a bit out of the loop with the move and all, but I’ve discovered some will be observing a “day of silence” on their blogs and in social media in honor of Matt and to cover Julee and her family in prayer.. So I’ll be back later in the week. Life must go on, even with our heavy hearts.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment