Friday, September 07, 2012

Deep Thoughts from Caedmon

Caedmon is always asking what animal a meat is “made out of.” Sometimes it’s simple. Chicken = chicken. But Beef = cow. He’s learning. The other day at lunch, we were talking about that again while he was eating some turkey and said, “I love to eat animals!” My little carnivore.

****

Caedmon has started making comparisons lately, and I don’t really know where he gets them. Some are hard not to laugh at, though. Here are a few.

“I’m hungrier than a chicken.” (Funny, I didn’t know chickens were constantly ravenous.)

While helping me Swiffer: “I can do this faster than a potato.” (I certainly hope so.)

“I can eat this faster than a cheetah.”

Laying on the couch watching TV: “Mom, I’m tired-er than a tiger.”

****

For our Bible lesson, we were studying sin and the fall. Caedmon was coloring a sheet with a picture of Adam & Eve, who were having to work hard due to the consequences of sin. Caedmon said, “She looks kinda beat up.” (I bet she felt that way, too.)

****

Playing his new Operation game one morning, I made a comment about doing surgery so early in the morning. Caedmon’s response was, “Mom, I’m in underwear. And this is just a game.”

Touche, my little realist. Touche.

Pin It

1 comment: