Just a quick update. We’re here. We’re alive. Sane? That might be another thing altogether.
1. Sister has the snots. Again. As in, yucky, green, runny, sticky snot that seems to get all over me every time I get close to her. I really do wash my clothes. But in the shoulder and just below the knee areas (generally nose-height when I’m holding her or she’s standing), you’d never know.
2. I’m blaming the snots on teeth. Because I can. Though I’m pretty certain that’s really the culprit, you just never know. The amount of crankiness and weird sleeping habits lately has me convinced since she’s otherwise not sick.
3. Our (rent) house has termites. I discovered this yesterday when they invaded the laundry room and master bath. Literally, there were little black bugs covering the walls and floor. It was…interesting. The bug guy came this morning, and has a plan of attack. Never have I been so glad that someone else owns the house in which I reside.
4. The kids and I are making a Target run today. And I might be going to the Target in another town because it’s only 5 minutes to our nearest Sonic from there and Momma needs a Coke. Oh, and it’s a bigger Target store and they have a better selection. Yeah, that’s it.
(Side note: someone recently told me they thought McD’s has the best Cokes. They did say they’d never had a Sonic Coke, but it still borders on blasphemy. I have to give grace because they just don’t know what they’re missing. I feel bad for people who don’t know the gloriousness of Sonic Coke.)
5. Also, as I sit here and watch Honor nearly do the splits on the wood floor, I realize the non-skid socks she’s currently wearing aren’t so non-skid.
I know. Only 5 things. But that’s about all my brain can take at this moment. Maybe after a Sonic Coke I’ll feel better. And some chocolate.