Monday, February 06, 2012

Weekend Recap

It’s been a while since I did an actual weekend recap. So let’s.

Friday, Honor and I went to Target while the guys went to the library and playground. She was a great shopper. It’s only the second time I’ve let her sit in the cart, and she really enjoyed it. Of course, it was a little easier since we were by ourselves and she wasn’t trying to reach over the side of the cart to play with Caedmon.

Saturday, I got to sleep in while Husband took care of the kids. I can’t tell y’all how much I absolutely love that. If sleeping late was a love language, that’s definitely what mine would be.

When I got up, it was all Star Wars, all the time, for the rest of the day. Caedmon is slightly obsessed and Husband doesn’t mind feeding that obsession. We enjoyed just hanging out together as a family on Saturday.

Also? We had to turn our air conditioner on. In February. Remember last year at this time? We were dealing with Snowpocalypse ‘11. It’s not that I’m complaining about not having tons of snow. But, you know, winter would be nice.

Sunday, I kept Honor home from church. She’s been waking up super early and not going back to sleep, has been hit with head congestion and “the snots” again, and has started coughing. I think it’s mostly due to teething, but I didn’t want to take the chance of sharing germs with other babies in the nursery. And she didn’t feel well. So we dropped Caedmon off at church so he could go to class and ride home with Husband, and I brought Honor home and put her down for a nap. She slept for over two hours. Tired, hoarse, snotty-nosed little girl!

It was not a very good afternoon-nap day. In fact, I don’t think Caedmon has napped more than two days in the past week. The official daily nap may be coming to an end for him. But don’t think I’m giving up “naptime” just yet. He may have “naptime” until he goes to college.

We watched the Super Bowl and the kids went to bed early, but we missed watching with Brandon and Jill. I tried to get them to come for the weekend, but they had some excuse like…jobs…or something. That’s what we get for being friends with responsible people.

And then we stayed up too late watching The Voice. Love that show.

Monday usually means groceries and chores at our house. But Caedmon woke up at 3:30 this morning with a little bit of a fever. It’s gone now, but he says his throat hurts. And from the looks of it, I don’t doubt it. So I’ve decided to keep the kids home today and venture out for groceries later. We’ve already watched the last part of one Star Wars movie and Caedmon is begging to watch it again. I guess there’s nothing wrong with a good dose of Jedi on a Monday morning.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment