Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Sugarbread Men Cookies

Since we made our gingerbread house, Caedmon has been dying to make “gingerbread mans” cookies. I didn’t want to use real gingerbread, so we made sugar cookies instead. I told him they would be men, but not gingerbread men. We could call them sugar cookies or sugarbread men. Guess what he chose.

I didn’t have a good sugar cookie recipe, so I tried a new one I found on Pinterest. We used Betty Crocker cookie frosting because I was not interested in making it this time. I liked the cookies. They remind me of the sugar cookies at the Walmart bakery, which I love. I think if I’d made these thicker, they would’ve been *almost* exactly like them. Next time.

Caedmon was all about decorating his “mans.”

_DSC0004

His favorite was this one, who was apparently wearing underwear, just like Caedmon.

_DSC0008

It might appear that the undies were dirty, and while I can’t speak for the gingerbread man, I can assure you that Caedmon’s were clean.

I made one with a tutu for Honor. (She can’t eat it, but we needed to make one for her anyway.)

_DSC0006

We had one whose leg broke off, so I made him a pirate.

_DSC0009

We ended up with all kinds of fun “mans.”

_DSC0010

And lest you think we are savages, here’s a plain, regular gingerbread man.

_DSC0001

The cookies? Good. Also? Gone.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment