Monday, September 05, 2011

Photo Shoot and Weekend Recap

We went for an impromptu photo shoot at the park the other day. That’s where I took Caedmon’s 4 year-old pictures I posted the other day. But Honor was with us and I took some of her too.

_DSC0750

I love this outfit and I’m so glad she’s getting to wear it. I was afraid it would be too big while it was still warm enough to wear it.

_DSC0791

I love baby feet.

_DSC0798

I tried to get some shots of the two kids together. It was a challenge. And *this close* to an epic failure.

_DSC0843

I love those two!

We had a busy, but good weekend.

Caedmon got a new carseat. He’s going to have to pass the convertible carseat down to Honor in a few months, so when I found the next one up for him on sale, I went ahead and got it. It came in on his birthday and he thought it was part of his gift. Hey, whatever floats his boat.

I took it out of the box and he played with it in the hallway before I installed it. His animals were super safe, y’all.

Stuffed Animal Safety

Friday (after I installed the carseat) we went into the city and met up with friends, some of whom we hadn’t seen in years. It was so good to see them again. Caedmon’s favorite part was the 5-minute train ride around the shopping center.

Train

We all had fun. The trip home, however, was a disaster.

Honor doesn’t do so hot in the car when she’s a) hungry, b) it’s bedtime, and c) it’s past bedtime. I will just say that in the future we will move heaven and earth to avoid having her in the car at bedtime. It’s not worth it.

Saturday we met some friends at Monkey Joe’s to play for Caedmon’s birthday. The boys had a blast. And Caedmon and Eli enjoyed themselves, too. Also? Eli brought an awesome birthday gift…one Caedmon was attached to all afternoon…literally.

Captain A Mask

We ate lunch together at Chick-fil-A and then went home for naps. Which only happened for 2/5 of our household (Honor and Oz).

Upon waking from her nap, Honor rolled over for the first time. By herself. In her crib. No one saw her do it – I noticed on the video monitor that she’d moved a lot since I’d last checked on her. And then realized she’d rolled over. I went in to get her and she was talking quietly to herself. I’m glad rolling over didn’t bother or upset her. (Secretly, I’ve been dreading the whole rolling over thing more because it causes so many sleep disruptions than for any other reason. I know, I’m awful.)

All afternoon and evening, I kept waiting for her to try again. But she didn’t. I’m beginning to wonder if the whole thing was an accident. Either way, it’s begun. Or it’s over…whichever way you’d like to look at it.

We put the kids to bed early and spent the evening chilling and watched lots of football.

Sunday was a great day at church and a nice, dreary afternoon for naps. It was good to hang out at home together.

Today we’re going to enjoy the holiday by hanging out at home some more and tackling a few things on the to-do list. We are so glamorous.

Pin It

1 comment: