Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Deep Thoughts From Caedmon

Hopefully I have some pictures coming soon – as soon as I can get them downloaded. Until then, here are some more fun conversations with Caedmon!

Caedmon: “Daddy, can we go to the bookstore and play with the trains?”

Daddy: “Maybe. Does Momma want to go?”

Caedmon: “Momma, do you want to go to the bookstore to play with the trains?”

Me: “No, not really.”

Caedmon: “Daddy, I guess it’s just you and me then.”

****

I was awakened at 2:30am with a little face about 3 inches from mine. Caedmon was standing at the edge of my bed, holding the sippy cup that sits on his nightstand. It was empty.

He whispered, “Momma, I need some more water.” (Which is usually a big no-no at our house. You get what you get, and that’s all. But obviously since he was up at 2:30, the boy needed a drink pretty badly.)

Being the great Mom I am, I said, “Hand me your cup and I’ll take off the lid. Go get you some more water and bring it back so I can put the lid back on.”

Caedmon’s response was, “No, you do it. I don’t want to walk across the dark.” (Nevermind the fact that he’d “walked across the dark” to get to my room.)

So I got up and said, “Ok. You go get back in the bed and I’ll get the water.”

As he made his way back to his room, he threw over his shoulder, “I need ice, too.” Of course.

****

Caedmon took a particularly long time to fall asleep one night. He finally got quiet and when I went to check on him, I found him asleep under his bed, having moved his toys to make space.

_DSC0538

I never know what to do when he does something like that. I don’t really care if he sleeps on the floor or under the bed, but I’m always afraid he’ll wake up in the middle of the night and bump his head or not realize where he is and freak out. So I drug him out from under his bed and put him where he belonged.

The next morning, when I asked him why he was sleeping under his bed, his response was, “My boy wanted to sleep in my bed, so I had to sleep under it.”

I’m not sure what to think of an imaginary boy bossing Caedmon around.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment