Monday, November 08, 2010

Weekend Recap

**Today is the LAST DAY to enter to win a gift certificate from CSN Stores! Go over and enter! Now!**

We had a fun weekend. Caedmon went to a birthday party on Saturday morning that was a ton of fun and did a great job of wearing him out in preparation for an afternoon nap.

DSC04223

DSC04229

After the party, we stopped at Walgreen’s to get some milk, and when I walked in, I saw these.

DSC04256

I’ve actually been wanting a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree for a long time, and I couldn’t resist.

I was proud that I left the Leg Lamp on the shelf, though It was tempting.

A Christmas Story 20 inch Leg Lamp Prop Replica

So we came home and immediately put the Christmas tree in Caedmon’s room. He’s proud.

DSC04235

DSC04243

 DSC04253

Not too long after we got the tree up, the doorbell rang. And these were sitting at the doorstep.

DSC04264

I was baffled. Mostly because I had no idea where they came from. And then Husband admitted to being sucked in by the 2-minute commercial and the 2-for-1 deal. He gleefully told me our old plastic containers could be thrown in the trash because we had replacements.

Our plastic stuff was in bad shape. Most of it was a wedding gift…which was almost 12 years ago. So new plastic containers, though unexpected, are proudly sitting in their place in the cabinet waiting for their first use. The sad part is that only one set will fit into our cabinets, so I have no idea what I’m going to do with the other.

The “extra hour” of sleep on Saturday night? Glorious. But still not enough, somehow. And even though Caedmon had stayed up late, he was still up at 6:45 because of the new time. But we compromised. He came to my room and watched Mickey Mouse until I was ready to get up. It was a pretty good arrangement, really.

Church was great, and we had leftover pizza for lunch. Then, a miracle. Caedmon not only took a nap, but he took a three hour nap. Yes, you read that right…three hours! I’m really hoping our bumpy naptimes are a phase we’ve moved past, but we’ll see. I’m not holding my breath.

Now we prepare for another busy week. Busy, but good. And hopefully filled with many afternoon naps.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment