Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Ionize Car Odors

When we bought our Silver Sled last week, it had just the faintest remnant of old cigarette smoke. In fact, when we first got into the car, we didn’t smell it. But after it sat in the parking lot for a while in the sun, you could smell it upon opening the door.

Now, I don’t know about ya’ll, but I really have a hard time with cigarette smoke. Husband can smell it a mile away, and it really aggravates his pregnant-woman-quality-sniffer. So we talked to the guy we were buying the car from.

They hadn’t had time to detail the car yet. But part of the process is hooking the car (and the air conditioning system) up to an ionizer. It cleans out tough smells like old cigarette smoke within just a few hours, using no chemicals and no nasty residue. We’ve heard of others doing it for their cars as well.

We got ours done for free, but I’ve been told it costs less than $100 on average to have it done by a dealership or a car detailer. It would totally be worth it, even if I had to pay for it out of my own pocket. Because it totally worked. Not a whiff of old musty cigarette smoke remains.

Plus, sometimes when somebody pukes in the car and you clean and clean, then wait for the smell to go away and it doesn’t? Yeah, this could probably help with that, too. This is a trick I’ll definitely be keeping up my sleeve for when a certain little boy I know starts leaving nasty sports socks in the car, too. Because it’s bound to happen.

It works for me. Head on over to We Are THAT Family for more Works-For-Me-Wednesday!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! That's good to know.. I'll be using that in the future. :)

    And cigarette smoke is DISGUSTING!!! I have a very low tolerance for it.

    ReplyDelete