Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Random Redecorating Things

** Today is Husband’s gum surgery. Say a prayer for smooth surgery and a quick and easy recovery, will you? And thanks for all the advice on soft foods. We are stocked up and ready to go! **

1. I’m in the midst of thinking about Caedmon’s room re-do, and though his birthday (and party) are coming before the room makeover, I am pretty much obsessed with the room. Maybe because I want to have everything ready and waiting and take one day to do everything. Maybe because I’m crazy. But it better not be the second answer.

2. I am having loads of fun with the big boy bedroom. The budget is tight, so I’m trying to be as frugal as possible. Therefore, I’m not going overboard and I’m doing my best to work with the things I already have.

And just so you are aware, yes, you will be hearing all about his room. And all the stuff I’m doing. You’ll probably be tired of hearing about it by the time I’m done, too. Fair warning.

3. I am planning on tackling the carpet problem in Caedmon’s room this week. We’ll see how that goes.

4. I am re-purposing some canvases Caedmon already had in his room, and we are going to do a little art project with them later this week. Here’s the thing I can’t decide: to put his name in the art or not. Thoughts?

5. I have the itch to re-do our room, too. I haven’t done anything new since right after we moved into this house, so it’s been about 6 years. I am in love with this duvet from Pottery Barn, and it’s reasonably priced. I even went to the store the other day just to gaze at it in person. Yes, I said gaze. I just can’t spend the money on it right now. Because I know it will lead to wanting to buy new sheets. And new pillows. And re-paint the bathroom. And that doesn’t make it reasonably priced.

6. I want to put one of those “family rules” wall hangings in the kitchen. Does anyone have one? What rules are on it? I’ll probably make my own so I can customize it. I just really have no idea where to start.

That’s all for now.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment