Thursday, August 05, 2010

In Other News…

…Husband is having gum surgery next week. Anybody ever done that? Have any advice or suggestions?

Please hold your horror stories until after Tuesday, as the cost already makes me want to gag, not to mention all the post-op instructions. If it weren’t for the threat of his teeth falling out (in 10 years), I think we’d both just say “forget it” and find something a bit more tangible to spend the money on. Like a new car.

Not that teeth aren’t tangible. But the thought of dropping a load of cash on them today to fix something that won’t be broken until 10 years from now is, well, weird.

Also, he’s supposed to be on a “soft diet” for 2 weeks. Since you can only eat so many mashed potatoes and keep your sanity, I’d love any suggestions for “soft” foods that do not fall into the ice cream, pudding, or mashed potatoes family.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I have had oral surgery and had my jaw broken... :OP
    I recommend applesauce and stovetop stuffing.
    If you mush up the stovetop enough it slides right down!
    Poor thing.
    Hope it's not as bad as it sounds.
    =G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheesecake would be my choice of soft food. Soups should qualify...bland ones. Rice? Favored noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Cheesecake sounds good!

    Gina, I hadn't thought of StoveTop. That will be great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zucchini bread (I have a chocolate recipe that's oh so good) and pretty much any kind of muffin are easily eaten. Also, grits can be made sweet or savory, if he's getting tired of certain flavors.

    ReplyDelete