Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: (Redneck) Snow Boots

Thanks to everyone who participated in our Premiere of Photo Album Rejects yesterday. We’ll do it again next month, so be on the lookout for those weird photos. And if you didn’t get a chance to join in, come back on March 2 and link up your not-ready-for-prime-time-photos!

And, in light of the three hours I’ve just spent watching the most awesome yet confusing TV show in the history of the universe (LOST), I have a very simple Works For Me Wednesday tip.

We don’t normally get a ton of snow, but this year seems to be the exception. Good thing we’ve got the global warming thing going on. Anyway, I had decided not to buy Caedmon snow boots. Because, well, he’s 2 and I figured he’d wear them twice and that would be it. So, we did this.DSC07986 Yes, those are Walmart sacks tied around his cowboy boots. I know. Crazy? Yes. Weird? Yeah. Totally redneck? Yup. But it works. Dry feet = warm(er) feet.

After I realized we were in for more than the average snow this year, I decided to just bite the bullet and buy the boy some boots. And I found a great pair at Target for about $15 (they were on clearance, because by January they’re getting the flip-flops out). They have been so worth it. His feet stay warm and dry. They’re easy enough to put on that he can do it himself. Let’s face it. When you’re trying to bundle them up to go out in the snow, just the fact that they can put their own boots on is priceless.

And he loves them. Just the other day, he put his snow boots on along with the sweatshirt and pull-up diaper he was wearing, then declared he was ready to go out to play in the 3” of snow we had left.

So this is my advice: if you think your child will wear snow boots more than once, buy them. They’re worth it.

Now if I can just find a good pair of snow boots for me for about $15, we’ll be in business. Until then, I’ll keep using the Walmart sacks around my Mammoth Crocs. Weird, yes. But oh so warm and dry!

Head on over to We Are THAT Family for more Works For Me Wednesday tips.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hint. Masking tape works well to help shape and secure the WM sacks to the feet. People are so creative when they have a need. My MIL taught me this trick in a different form. She used bread sacks for her kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete