Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thoughts Of Olympic Randomness

1. I am not nearly as enamored with the Winter Olympics as I thought I would be. I loved the Winter Olympics as a kid. Doesn’t every 9 year-old girl dream of being a figure skater? At that age, you feel like maybe it could still happen for you. At 31, you watch these people and a) realize how out of shape you are, b) how old you feel, and c) you wonder how the parents of those athletes still have their sanity. Because 5am practice? No thanks.

2. I would be proud if Caedmon were to become an Olympic athlete. But see above about the 5am practice.

3. I found (for lack of a better term) the gut on one of the American Bobsledders particularly disturbing. Especially since he was wearing a skin-tight uniform or as I (incorrectly) referred to it, a “leotard.”

4. There are so many Winter Olympic sports that are obscure for most of us. I have no idea what I’m watching the majority of the time = boring.

5. Husband became quite disappointed the other night when I told him we were actually watching Ice Dancing and not Pairs Figure Skating. The only reason he has any interest in watching figure skating is the outlandish costumes and the possibility of a botched throw or jump.

6. Thankfully, the Olympics have not messed up the new season of LOST. If it had, there would’ve been much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

7. Husband and I have seen and actually stood on the spot where the Olympic cauldron now burns in Vancouver. And? I checked. There is no photo of that particular spot in my vacation pictures. I know. I took about a million. I have no idea how I didn’t get that place in one of them. Maybe if someone had told us that’s where the cauldron would be I could’ve remedied that.

8. But that weird-looking sail-like roof on the building behind Bob Costas? Our hotel was across the street from that building. And I did get a shot of it, although not a great one.DSC047109. I am having a hard time catching the local news since the Olympics have pushed it later. I have no idea what’s happening in the world.

10. The Celebrity Apprentice after the Olympics are over? Yes, please.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:53 AM

    I wanted to be a figure skater when I was a 9 year old girl too...

    M3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that operation in Sweden was a success. Good to know. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you were inspired by the '88 Olympics in an entirely different way than I was, huh? Good to know.

    ReplyDelete