Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Boys Will Be Boys

I’m not surprised when my boy does a combat roll in the middle of the living room.

I’m not surprised when my boy uses the vacuum wand as a sword while I vacuum.

I wasn’t surprised when he picked up his precious plastic pearl handled pistols for the first time and knew exactly what to do with them.

And I wasn’t even surprised at this:DSC05919 DSC05922 I suppose I’ve been around kids long enough to know that the above photos do not mean that he’s not all boy. Because he definitely is. I think it just means that the clip-clop of heels are fun. And besides, he doesn’t have an older sister to dress him up, so he’s got to get a taste of it somehow. (I did not encourage the wearing of the silver strappy sandals, if that’s what you’re thinking.)

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. it's a universal boy thing. Just wait till he finds your make-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what my nephew is doing now, except he is obsessed with everyones shoes! It is so funny though when they choose to walk on the feminine side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night Jeb grabbed 6 (yes, 6) pairs of the girls' panties out of the clean laundry and ran around with them on his head for over an hour. I feel ya'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeb just wanted to make sure he was noticed. Ha! Caedmon's played with undies before (I'm not allowed to teach him they're called 'panties' because MEN wear 'underwear'). I'm just thankful they were the clean ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curly9:53 PM

    It never hurt a little boy to be dressed up in girl clothes, make-up, heels and hairbows... I can point out SEVERAL who are proof of that fact.

    No body should worry until he is 10 and asks to wear heels to Wal-Mart!

    ReplyDelete