Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Never Unplug The Wrong Thing Again

We've all been there. Searching amid the six black plugs in the power strip, hoping you've tracked the cord properly and chosen the right one. Because you want to unplug the lamp, not the clock; and if you have to reset that stupid clock again, Lord help us all.

I was moving some things around in C's room the other day, putting all the plug-in stuff in a place where he can't reach it. The boy loves him some buttons. So that means everything has to go into one power strip on top of his chest of drawers. And as I was plugging everything in, I was wondering how I would remember which plug was the CD Player, the baby monitor, etc.

I had an epiphany. A lightbulb moment, if you will. Clearly my love of Sharpies has taken me to a new level of genius.

I grabbed my silver Sharpie and labeled the plug-ins. So now when I look at the power strip, I know exactly what's what. No more mystery plugs!

So now I have to tackle our desks...which consists of about three full power strips. I'll leave that for another day, but this definitely works for me!

Head on over to Rocks In My Dryer for more Works-For-Me-Wednesday! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:19 AM

    I usually make a label out of a piece of bright index card and tape it to the cord with box tape. But then, I don't keep silver sharpies.

    ReplyDelete