Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Best $1 I Ever Spent

You've heard the saying, "One man's trash is another man's treasure." And my Dad has prooved that true many, many, many times over the years with his side-of-the-road and yardsale finds.

I've never been a huge fan of going to garage sales, or having them, for that matter. But when you know there's going to be a good one, you have to go.

So, I've hit a few friends' garage sales this summer. Friends who were getting rid of things I could use. You know, like lots of little boy clothes. I totally scored at one garage sale and now Chickster has almost his full wardrobe for next summer. See? Treasure.

Erin still has small kids, so she was getting rid of a few things Chickster would find interesting. And for $1, I bought a Little Tykes dump truck. And I promptly brought it home and put it in the closet.

He wasn't quite big enough to appreciate it yet. But this last week, we brought it out. And he has thoroughly enjoyed it.

So thanks, Zach and Erin. Your trash has become Chickster's treasure, just like I promised!



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This truck will really be FUN when he gets it in the DIRT!!!

    ReplyDelete