Monday, April 28, 2008

Outside!

The weather was so pretty on Saturday that I just had to drag us all outside. I went and bought some flowers for the front beds and my sad-looking pots by the front door. When Chickster woke up from his nap he came out to help.

I'm not sure he was overly enthused about being outside. I think because he was bored. How fun can it be to sit in a stroller and watch someone else have all the fun playing in the dirt? So I brought a toy out for him to play with. He was better after the toy.

And yes, that's me holding a Starbucks cup. You should know that when either Husband or I get within the general vicinity of Starbucks, his need for a dark, thick, caffeinated beverage kicks in. So I brought back some coffee for him and a tall decaf vanilla latte for me, thank you very much.

Husband was outside with us too. And while Chickster napped, he mowed. I did some general maintenance on the beds and planted some flowers. I'm glad it's done and I hope it looks good for a while. I have a love/hate relationship with yard work, but that's neither here nor there.

I had the grand idea that we might be able to get all three of us outside again on Sunday. But alas, the weather conspired against us and it was cold and yucky. Another time, maybe.

So Chickster's outing was short-lived. But at least he was out some. I can't wait until summer when we can go out and play in the back yard wading pool and go swimming at Mom's. I hope he likes outside...and the water. Apparently I have big plans to turn him into an amphibious creature. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment