Friday, February 22, 2008

Big Week

It's been a big week for Chickster. He's been quite busy, which means it's been both a good and bad week for me. Good because he's so much fun and I love watching him do new things. Bad because when he is learning a new trick, he's often so wired he doesn't nap, at least very well. So several days this week, naps have been short and sometimes non-existent. But that's ok. It's worth it!

As you may have seen in the previous video, Chickster is now moving backwards. I wouldn't call it crawling, but it's close. He actually does get up on his hands and knees, it just seems that he pushes with his hands more than his knees. He also doesn't go in a straight line. He's like one of those radio-controlled cars we had as kids. They go straight when they're going forward, but when backing up, they turn. He just doesn't turn to the same direction each time. Yesterday he backed himself up against Argus's toy basket and nearly pushed it over while playing with it with his feet. The boy loves to play with stuff with his feet.

We got the booster seat/high chair out earlier this week. It fits nicely in the dining room chair, as I had hoped it would. Chickster looks like a big boy in his booster seat.

Day before yesterday, we got out the exersaucer. It is a hand-me-down from some friends, and we appreciate it very much. Chickster absolutely loves it. One feature he especially enjoys is the rubbery blue thing. (I'm not sure what else to call it.) He spends most of his time right now trying to find just the right spot to chew on. Of course, it makes that rubbery squeaky noise when he's gumming it, and I think he likes the noise as much as he likes chewing on the thing.

Chickster's been rolling from his tummy to his back for a while now, but today he rolled from his back to tummy for the first time. It was a combo move...he rolled then began scooting backwards to where I was. It was pretty cute. And I had to reward him with lots of kisses. As mobile as he is moving backwards, I'm in huge trouble when he finally figures out how to go forward! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am proud to see orange carrot stuff all over Chickster's face and his bib! I was afraid he was going to be a neat freak! Spread that carrot stuff far and wide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...now I'm trying to find a stain remover that will get the carrots out! I'm open to suggestions.

    ReplyDelete