Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Not-cher Nacho

Jack Black's newest film, Nacho Libre, is out in theaters. If you haven't heard this, you've been living under a rock in a remote, uninhabited jungle. Or watching the soccer playoffs/tournament or whatever it's called.

When I first heard about this movie, I was very excited about it. First, I thoroughly enjoy Jack Black. (Yes, even in King Kong. Just because he wasn't being funny doesn't mean he wasn't good.) Second, it is rated PG. Third, the director from Napoleon Dynamite was at the helm. Fourth, it's about Mexican wrestling. How is that not funny in itself?

Since the movie came out last week, I have heard quite a few things about it, both good and bad. No, I haven't seen it yet. Husband and I had plans to see it, but those were altered and we have not yet been able to find another suitable time. But what disturbs me is that people I know, people I trust, people who typically like the same movies as me, have said it's not good. How can this be? I am in shock and denial. I will not believe it until I see for myself. Of course the reviews haven't been good...they never are. Entertainment Weekly hated it...but they also hated Tommy Boy, one of the best Chris Farley movies ever. Ever. So I cannot rely on them to give me an accurate review of a movie like this.

I will go and see it for myself. And let you know what I think. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am sure it's a movie that you wouldn't appreciate my review of! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete